Tuesday, March 06, 2007

community

I really miss community right now.

I miss Community Church. I miss going there and not worrying about anything, and not feeling so alone every time I step in. Shouldn't I feel the most welcome and surrounded by friends when I'm with my community? I really really want to be in a com group, but every single week there is something holding me back. And to be able to go to the only com group I can be in, I have to sacrifice my Bible study with my neighbors. But, I seriously cannot go on any longer at Community Church feeling this way. I want to look forward to going to church. I'm pretty sure I really really need to join a com group.

I miss Breakaway too...both semesters now I've had work on Tuesday nights every week. And it seems that even if I do have an opportunity to go every now and then, I let something hold me back from going, even though I really miss it.

I really just miss having community with believers. I walked by someone on campus today that goes to my church, and I was pretty excited to see this person. They were on the phone, so I didn't expect them to stop and have a conversation with me, but they acted like they really really just wanted to ignore me, and barely even said hello. It just made me feel kinda crappy. I need fellowship and community. I need to feel at home and welcomed somewhere. And I really need to stop letting this one thing always hold me back. I should be free, because that's what Chris is all about. And I have Christ in my life. So, why do I still feel enslaved to this obsession that takes away from me more than I'm even aware of? I need freedom to not let anything drag me down anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home